Pilates Matwork Classes
Pilates Matwork focuses on increasing abdominal and back strength and mobilizing the spine. Variations and modifications are given to accommodate all levels and abilities.
Our Personal Trainers are experts in helping you attain your activity goals.
Meet Instructor Stuart Maskell
As a Certified STOTT Pilates Instructor, Stuart bases his mat classes on the principles of posture. It is great, especially for toning the mid-section. Not only has Stuart studied the work of Joseph Pilates since 2002, he also holds a Personal Training Specialist certificate from Can-Fit-Pro. Combining the Pilates method with traditional sport and bodybuilding techniques, he creates unique fitness programs that assist with core strength, posture, speed and strength.
- The 14 Benefits of Pilates
- Improve strength, flexibility and balance.
- Tone and build long, lean muscles without bulk.
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core.
- Engage the mind and enhance body awareness.
- Condition efficient patterns of movement making the body stronger.
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, boost energy through deep stretching.
- Restore postural alignment.
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine.
- Promote recovery from strain or injury.
- Increase joint range of motion.
- Improve circulation.
- Relief from back pain and joint stress.
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina.
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity.